Sunday, June 28, 2015

Create Hope!

The past couple of weeks have been buzzing around here. School is out and summer vacation is in full swing. Between softball games and having a garage sale and camp and Driver's Ed - and add in the prep work that we've started for the upcoming trip to Africa - well, the word vacation shouldn't be tacked on to summer if you ask me. :)

Our team got news in the past few weeks that surprised us. There is a new rule that we weren't aware of that says that in order to travel to Swaziland we need to have a minimum number of 8 people on our team. Right now we have 5. We have about a week for 3 more people to jump up and say "Yes! I'll go!" and to put deposits down or our trip will have to be put on hold until next year. My initial reaction was sadness - I think of my Bheveni family every single day. I see their smiling faces in photos on my cupboards and fridge. I can't wait to be back with them in person - to be singing songs and laughing and snuggling babies.

My initial sadness has turned into peace - knowing that if we are meant to go, it WILL happen. God has a funny way of making things work out - sometimes at the last minute and in crazy ways. But if this year we are meant to take a breather and wait, then that will happen. And that's ok too. Either way, we have done all that we can do and now we put it in higher hands.

During all of this I had the honor of making the Create Hope shirts this year. We had everything ready to go and then got the news that we might not be making the journey to Swaziland. We have decided to go ahead and sell the shirts and the profits will divvied up depending on what happens with our trip. On a normal year, we do a "buy one give one" shirt - you get one, we bring one to a child at Bheveni, and the rest of the money goes toward the big Fun Day celebration and the supplies that we bring to the families on the home visits. If our trip does not happen, when you purchase a shirt, you will receive yours and every last cent of the profits will go into our Bheveni Fund. We will talk with the Swazi staff to find out what needs the Carepoint has and the money will be donated there. It may be school fees, school supplies, uniforms, food, items for the carepoint, or a combination of these. The in country staff has much more knowledge about day to day operations at Bheveni and they will steer us in the right direction.

So, without further ado, here they are!




If you'd like to order one, just click here. This website will take your order and ship the shirt/s directly to you! It is a pre-order sale so the shirts will be printed at the end of the sale and then shipped out.

If you'd like to donate but don't feel the need for a shirt, you can donate through Danielle's PayPal account here. She's the coordinator Stateside for Bheveni and will get the money to them. If you're more comfortable with a check, you can most certainly send one written out to me to my address (Margaret Brown, 931 6th St. NW, Maple Lake, MN 5358.) I will collect all donations and get them sent out at the end of t-shirt sales. And I want to say something here that I mean with all of my heart: ANY size donation is appreciated and celebrated. Some people are able to give larger amounts and that is AWESOME... but many aren't in that place and can afford $5 or $10 - you have no idea how fast those smaller amounts add up! 

I want to thank all of you out there who have been and still are supporters of Bheveni Carepoint. The people there are my family and it means so much that y'all have come behind me and support my passion.

My journey with these folks started several years back and the one thing I'm sure of in all of this uncertainty is that the journey is far from over. Whether it's this year or next or the year after that, I WILL get to see these faces in person again.




1 comment: