Monday, September 29, 2008
I am a pretty open person (read: most people know more about me than they want to) but Steph tagged me, so here goes....
Here are the rules:
1.Post the rules on your blog
2.Write 6 random things about yourself
3.Tag 6 people at the end of your post
4.If you are tagged, just do it, and pass the tag along!
1. When I was a kid I wanted to be Laura Ingalls, marry Bo Duke and become a Solid Gold dancer. It only proves that I was nothing if not a big dreamer (with limited television channels.)
2. I love to organize but you'd never guess it by walking into my house. If I had an unlimited budget for organizational supplies and unlimited time, I would be in heaven!
3. I dislike ice cream, and I NEVER eat ketchup, mayo, cheesecake, steak or sour cream (Top the Tater is the only exception.) And I can't remember ever in my life eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Most people think I'm nuts because of this!
4. I have a bizarre memory. I can recite all 50 states in alphabetical order in a matter of seconds but I cannot tell my right hand from my left hand. During my driver's test I had my hands at the "10 and 2" positions and made an L with my left pointer and finger and thumb so I knew which way to turn.
5. I want to meet Angie Smith. This woman is absolutely amazing.
6. I've never enjoyed the typical movies like The Sound of Music. I love scary movies... and I usually get really creeped out by them. Dustin thinks it's funny and tries to scare me with different tactics. I also love documentaries. And pretty much any movie with Morgan Freeman in it.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Last night was the last of our 20 season tickets and what a way to go. It had the feeling of a play-off game with the fans on their feet and cheering for the better part of the game.
In an un-christian way (that I'm not necessarily proud of) it was fun to be a part of watching A.J. Pierzynski and Ozzie Guillen sulk off the field. They are 2 of the cockiest guys in baseball and there's something very satisfying in them eating their words.
Monday, September 22, 2008
The good news is nothing's broken.
Today I accidentally closed the van door on my hand. Although it's not easy to see in the photo, I've got some pretty sweet bruising at the base of my fingers. What you can see is where my ring finger swelled so bad that they had to cut my wedding band off.
Does anyone out there know if my wedding band can be fixed? I don't know if it's something they can melt down or patch or whatever. I'm going to stop typing now because I'm starting to sound like more of an idiot. :)
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Friday, September 05, 2008
Greta and I stopped at a garage sale and she spotted this Dora house right away. There was also a Dora castle there... and she wanted them both. I told her that we weren't going to spend that much money or buy "big toys" today. She was a little unhappy about passing up such a sweet find but was very good and didn't whine at all. When we went to visit Grandma Pat this afternoon and she heard about the Dora house, she gave Greta the money to go get it. An hour (and lots of hugs and kisses later) we were home... and Greta dove right in!